At Colour Time, we are environmentally-conscious about everything we do. Being situated in a city as beautiful as Vancouver, it is imperative for us to respect nature and preserve our natural surroundings.
As an FSC-Certified printer, we fully encourage eco-friendly print services and we are committed to environmentally-sustainable practices with the highest quality.
Here are 10 helpful tips on how you can go green with printing:
1. Use non-toxic inks
- Print with vegetable-based and soy-based inks – they carry the lowest volative organic compounds (VOCs) of any ink in the industry and are biodegradable.
2. Opt for non-toxic coating
- Apply water-based or non-toxic aqueous coating – this will still allow you to have a full gloss finish without worrying about potentially-toxic chemicals.
3. Proof your work
- Proof often and reduce waste. Good proofing is one of the best printing tips we can give you. Less printing mistakes means less printing waste.
4. Choose a printer with a green policy
- At Colour Time, our Green Policy drives everything we do.
5. Combine mailing and printing
- Do it all under one roof! Instead of printing your direct mail products and shipping them to a mailing house – have your printing and mailing done under one roof at Colour Time. Save fuel and transportation costs!
- In addition, you can use our integrated marketing services, and we'll combine the usual advertising platforms of print (direct mail, ads, coupons) with the interactive capabilities of web, mobile and social networks. All this allows for cost-effective runs and personalization of your marketing materials which will give you the greatest impact.